Accessibility is very interesting. A lot of people in the community seem to agree, because there are loads of great articles, talks, and other resources! This article lists some that I have read, watched, or otherwise enjoyed this year and would recommend to anyone interested in accessibility.
- What is WAI-ARIA, what does it do for me, and what not? by Marco Zehe
- Accessible HTML video as a background by Emma Sax
- Graphic Design for the visually impaired; A neglected dissertation by Kate Greenstock
- Text descriptions and emotion rich images by Léonie Watson
- Commercial Benefits of Accessibility by Sebastian Stefanov
- Design like we give a damn by Léonie Watson
- Death to Icon Fonts by Seren Davies
- Burn your select tags by Alice Bartlett
- What even is a table? by Edd Sowden
- How technology allowed me to read by Ron McCallum
- How I use sonar to navigate the world by Daniel Kish
- Panels and Panel Sets Extension: specification extension defines elements based on a single interaction paradigm.
- BBC a11y: BBC Accessibility Standards Checker
- Icon font accessibility: Assistive Technologies (AT) test for Font Awesome and icon fonts in general.